A PART OF
© 2016 DALENS GÅRD MOUNTAIN LODGE
Rent the Lodge
Dalens Gård can be rented privately. The lodge can facilitate 12-14 persons in five bedrooms. Please send us an e-mail for inquiries.
A Bit of History
The history of the lodge dates back to 1913 when it was a magnificent hotel during the last period of mining at Fröå Gruva , next to Mt Åreskutan. The mountain rests in a trough of copper ore and the first finds were made in the Fröå area in 1744; mining soon began and was carried out over three centuries. After the mine closed in 1919 the house was sold and placed in Edsåsdalen, along the old village road a bit further up the slope. Settlements of the foundation can still be found. In 1930 the house was repositioned to where it stands today – welcoming guests to Dalens Gård and Edsåsdalen.